Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jason peck <pe...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/17 21:26:43 UTC

Custom plugin with dependencies

Apologies in advance if this is obvious.

Let's say I create a custom plugin. The plugin has a
<dependency></dependency>. When I use the custom plugin in another
project's pom file, do I need to also specify the <dependency></dependency>
in the project's pom file? Is there anyway to automatically include that
dependency so the user of the plugin doesn't have to do so themselves, or
is that bad practice?

Thanks!

Re: Custom plugin with dependencies

Posted by Anthony Whitford <an...@whitford.com>.
Plugins have their own dependencies that pertain to the execution of the plugin goals.  When you declare a plugin to use in your project, you don’t need to mention its dependencies — the Plugin’s POM does that.