Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2003/12/01 01:12:48 UTC

Re: SVN repository

Jeff Machols wrote:
> It is being worked on now.  I will let you know when it?s up.

The "test" repo seems to be working now.  I just successfully added all of
the naming stuff.  From the discussions on infrastructure@, this setup is
likely to change, but for now, to get set up you just need to login to
cvs.apache.org, cd to /x1/svn and then do

/usr/local/apache2.1.0-dev/bin/htpasswd asf-committers your_username

The URI for the (temporary) repo is

http://http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/incubator-directory

I assume that this is a temp setup, yes?  Will we be able to preserve
history if we start using this to do real work?  When do we think the
"real" repo will be ready?

Phil

RE: SVN repository

Posted by Jeff Machols <jm...@comcast.net>.

To my knowledge, this is just a "play" area to get familiar with subversion.
I have not heard anything about the real repository yet.  I will be loading
the test conversion from the old CVS repo tomorrow morning into the test
subversion.  Since this is just a play area, I am not sure if we want to use
the repository for real.  From the Ldap side, we are going to the
sourceforge CVS repo until the permanent subversion one is setup.  The
history from the LDAPd CVS repository will be coming over.

Jeff