Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC <se...@upc.edu> on 2005/06/07 12:50:58 UTC

Bitflux editor load a blank page. Javascript error: bxe_start is not defined

Hi all,

When I try to edit a page with bxe lenya responses with a blank page and a
"bxe_start is not defined" error in javascript console.

I found in mailing-list archive some threads about this but no solution....

My profile:

Lenya 1.2.3
Java: 1.4.02
I tried to use with Firefox 1.0.2 i 1.0.4

Could anyone help me?
Sergi Tur Badenas
Servei de Gestió Acadèmica
Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya
Plaça Eusebi Güell, 6-7, Edifici Vèrtex, Planta 0
Tel 93.401.77.72
E-mail: sergi.tur@upc.es

Re: Bitflux editor load a blank page. Javascript error: bxe_start is not defined

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC wrote:

> On date 08/06/2005 11:16:31  Jann Forrer wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

[ ... ]

> >We had the same problem due to the use of an "old" (or more exact an old
> >usecase-bxeng.xmap) publication. You should  check wether the followong
> >transformation appears in your usecase-bxeng.xmap.
> >
> ><map:transform src="../../xslt/util/strip_namespaces.xsl"/>
> >

> You are right!
>
> My custom publication was an old one 1.2.2 version. Then I upgrade lenya to
> version 1.2.3 but i forget to check my own publication!
> Now in default publication BXE works but not in my own publication!
>
> It's a pity but I not found any HOWTO or Tutorial talking about upgrading a
> publication from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3......
>
> I investigate a little bit more and I found in local.build.properties file
> this:
>
> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # Files and directories which should be excluded during 'install', 'clean'
> and 'reset'
> # Comma- or space-separated list of patterns
> # All files are included when commented
> # This is useful for preserving content while you are developing a
> publication
>
> #target.install.excludes=**/pubs/default/content/**,**/pubs/default/resources/authoring/**,**/pubs/default/resources/live/**,**/pubs/default/config/ac/passwd/*.iml
> #target.reset.excludes=${target.install.excludes}
>
> Then trying to summarize..... Could I say that to upgrade a publication
> from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 we have to overwrite all the files except the
> target.install.excludes ones?

You can exclude all necessary files using target.install.excludes and
target.reset.excludes. Usually it make sense to keep <pub-id>/content,
<pub-id>/config/ac and depending on your publication some
other config-files. Actually we keep the following files:

**/<pub-id>/content/**,**/<pub-id>/config/ac/**,**/<pub-id>/config/i18n/**,
**/<pub-id>/config/publication.xconf

A problem arise if one of the file changed from 1.2.2. to 1.2.3. You have
to check that first e.g. by using svn diff <file>.

Jann

Re: Bitflux editor load a blank page. Javascript error: bxe_start is not defined

Posted by Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC <se...@upc.edu>.

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.

Posted by Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC <se...@upc.edu>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.