Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Gabor Bota <ga...@apache.org> on 2020/01/20 12:04:27 UTC

Hadoop 3.1.4 Release Plan Proposal

Hi All,

Based on the discussion on the topic "Hadoop 2019 Release Planning" I
volunteer to do the next 3.1 Hadoop release, version 3.1.4.

You can find the blocker/critical issues and all issues targeted for 3.1.4
under the following cwiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.1+Release

Right now there are 217 total fixed issues[1] and 6 blocker/critical
targeted[2] for the release. If you have any other commits you want to
backport to 3.1 branch until the feature or code freeze, please add 3.1.4
as the target release in jira.

My proposed timeline for the release is the following:
* Feature Freeze Date: Wednesday, 11 March 2020
* Code Freeze Date: Wednesday, 22 April 2020
* Release Date: Wednesday, 29 April 2020

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
Gabor Bota

Critical) AND "Target Version/s" = 3.1.4 ORDER BY priority DESC, updated
DESC
[2] project in (HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS, YARN) AND fixVersion = 3.1.4 ORDER
BY priority DESC, updated DESC

Re: Hadoop 3.1.4 Release Plan Proposal

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me. Thanks for doing this!

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.