Posted to users@camel.apache.org by lw <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/01 20:32:30 UTC

Re: onException block in camel 2.16.1

I got the defaultErrorHandler to collapse with these 2 adjustments:
 - set  messageHistory="false"  on CONTEXT
-  set  logStackTrace="false" for onException block, like this:
<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="2" redeliveryDelay="1000"
logStackTrace="false" />
The timestamp with default error handler still shows up, but much easier on
the eye.
I tried
<errorHandler id="defaultErrorHandler" type="DefaultErrorHandler">
    <redeliveryPolicy  logStackTrace="false"/>
</errorHandler>

but it makes no impact. I'll post if I'll get more time and find a better
solution.

Re: onException block in camel 2.16.1

Posted by lw <li...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! Your solution works much cleaner! Thank you!

Re: onException block in camel 2.16.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
I visited a Camel user and they had the issue too, where handled
exceptions was still being logged.

It was only Splunk who benefited because they sent ERRORs from the
logs to splunk, and it cost $$$ :(

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Andreas Siepert
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!
> Am 05.02.2016 16:59 schrieb "Claus Ibsen" <cl...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Yeah thanks for reporting and discussing this. We have found the bug
>> and its fixed in the next release.
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Andreas Siepert
>> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Opened an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9558
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Andi

>> handler

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Andreas Siepert <an...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Opened an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9558
>
> Regards
> Andi

>> Setting the logging level off works fine:
>>
>> <errorHandler id="loggingErrorHandler" type="LoggingErrorHandler"
>> logName="LoggingErrorHandler" level="OFF"/>
>>
>> And also doTry/doCatch work: the exception won't go the the error handler
>> from the catch  block.
>>
>> But: it this a bug or a feature? I really don't like a behaviour that I
>> don't understand.
>>

>> --

Claus Ibsen

Posted by Andreas Siepert <an...@gmail.com>.