Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/26 01:57:07 UTC

Re: dev Digest 25 Jul 2013 23:29:50 -0000 Issue 393

Hi Scott,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM, <de...@gora.apache.org> wrote:

> Would it work to move Zookeeper from the parent pom to the gora-solr pom
> and scope it as "test"? There are undoubtably several other dependencies
> that can be scoped that way too.

I'm actually working on something pretty similar right now.
Basically as modules have been added the Maven configuration has not been
added properly on a dependency-by-dependency basis and we now find
ourselves in a situation where we are in dependency overload.

Concentrating this conversation towards GORA-161, I suggest to make more or
less every dependency within parent pom.xml as optional=true, additionally
scopes should be defined for all dependencies and if possible we should
exclude transitive dependencies which duplicate (such as the ant deps...)
or are simply not required within Gora.
Lets take this convo over to GORA-161?
Thanks
Lewis