Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Melinda J.M.J." <bl...@juno.com> on 2020/11/10 18:48:48 UTC

Downloading an Open Office version that Works for Kindle Fire HD8

Hello, and good day. I am writing to inquire about which version, or which version and plug-in, etc., I might be able to download to have Apache Open Office on a new Amazon Kindle Fire HD8? Please, and Thank you.  I am wishing you health and wellness. Graciously,Melinda J.M.J. P.O. Box 12-1866San Diego, Calif.92112-1866U.S.A.  (619)241-4141 (voice mail)

Re: Downloading an Open Office version that Works for Kindle Fire HD8

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10.11.20 um 19:48 schrieb Melinda J.M.J.:
> Hello, and good day. I am writing to inquire about which version, or which version and plug-in, etc., I might be able to download to have Apache Open Office on a new Amazon Kindle Fire HD8? Please, and Thank you.  I am wishing you health and wellness. Graciously,Melinda J.M.J. P.O. Box 12-1866San Diego, Calif.92112-1866U.S.A.  (619)241-4141 (voice mail)

the Amazon Kindle is based on Android. However, OpenOffice is not
supporting this platform.

There exist an ported version that is running on Android [1].

Please note that this software and project is not affiliated with Apache
OpenOffice. So, we cannot help you any further. You need to get in
contact with the software author.

I hope this helps a bit.

[1] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andropenoffice

Marcus