Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Hallager <mi...@nettrust.co.nz> on 2014/01/31 02:28:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching some content only

Hi all,

I have reverse-proxy caching setup and working. What I want to do is no
caching by default and only cache items matching example.com/*/img/*

I've tried various combinations using <Location> but it's either ended
up caching everything or nothing.

I'm thinking it may be affected by my use of Rewrite. A request for
http://www.example.com/123/my-product-image.jpg is mapped to
/image.php?id=123 - does location have to specify the *after* rewrite
(ie: real) address?

The only way I could think to do this is to use "P" flags in .htaccess
to proxy to a separate virtualhost, but I have read this is inefficient
and use of <Location> in virtual-hosts.conf is preferred.

Hoping someone can assist please.

Michael Hallager