Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Francesco Mascioli <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/14 16:11:46 UTC

ActiveMQ performance too slow

Hi all,

I wrote a simple program using c++ sample, implementing a Producer and a Consumer class.

Producer is asynchronous and put data in the queue at high rate (i.e. 1000 msg/sec).

Consumer is synchronous and read data at a predefined rate (i.e. 100 msg/sec).

Everything seems to work properly, but if I define an high read rate for the consumer (i.e. 1000 msg/sec) everything slows down and both producer/consumer work at about 600 msg/sec.

Is there any way to avoid it?

Is there any way to improve these performaces?

Best REgards

Franco

Re: ActiveMQ performance too slow

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 16:11 +0200, Francesco Mascioli wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I wrote a simple program using c++ sample, implementing a Producer and a Consumer class.
>
> Producer is asynchronous and put data in the queue at high rate (i.e. 1000 msg/sec).
>
> Consumer is synchronous and read data at a predefined rate (i.e. 100 msg/sec).
>

> Everything seems to work properly, but if I define an high read rate for the consumer (i.e. 1000 msg/sec) everything slows down and both producer/consumer work at about 600 msg/sec.
>

> Is there any way to avoid it?
>
> Is there any way to improve these performaces?

One thing you can try to improve the C++ client performance is to enable
async sends, the uri option connection.useAsyncSend=true will do that.
See: http://activemq.apache.org/cms/configuring.html

Regards
Tim.

--