Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/01/24 21:26:06 UTC

How to submit/apply code changes

> It struck me that Noel was referring to the [patch tool]
> when he mentioned 'patch'.

Correct.  And the How to Contribute document already describes the normative
process by which someone is requested to submit changes, so what is it that
you would want in the FAQ?

Sergei submitted the change in the manner requested, and I appreciate his
attention to detail.  We should not be contradicting our written policies
unless we intend to change them.  Considering the valid reasons, some of
which Aaron enumerated for you, for leaving the policy as-is, that leaves us
with "we should not be contradicting our written policies."

	--- Noel

Re: How to submit/apply code changes

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
From: "Harmeet Bedi" <ha...@kodemuse.com>
> Serge, could you please post the modified DNSServer.java and
> james-config.xml file.
>
> It will be easier to apply the patch if you post these sources.

Intent was to save me 5 minutes and was made by me to Serge S.
Instead we are going round and round discussing a process. Not sure why.

I don't think there is any thing wrong in trying to save 5 minutes by asking
for sources, but in hindsight it did not really save any time so not a
worthwhile request.

It has been a good informative session on 'patch'. Hopefully now we can get
back to more germane stuff.

Harmeet