Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2007/02/06 00:37:15 UTC

has someone messed up the maven builds?

[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.myfaces.shared
ArtifactId: myfaces-shared-project
Version: 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.myfaces.shared:myfaces-shared-project:pom:2.0.6-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Re: has someone messed up the maven builds?

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that was me  ;-)

But it's not my fault: Maven behaves strange in this part of the
core/impl/pom.xml:
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>unpack-shared-impl</id>
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <artifactItems>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.shared</groupId>
                  <artifactId>myfaces-shared-impl</artifactId>
                  <version>2.0.6-SNAPSHOT</version>
                </artifactItem>
              </artifactItems>
              <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/classes</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>

Even when you do a complete build and even when you have
"myfaces-shared-impl" version 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT in your local repo, it
insists on seeking it on remote repos. I have no glue, why it does,
but there will be some changes regarding remote repos and mirrors in
maven 2.0.5. So hopefully this will be fixed too.

Well, after I increased the version numbers yesterday there did not
yet exist any 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT shared artifact on the apache snapshot
repo.

The good news is: The last continuum build at Tue, 6 Feb 2007 05:03:26
+0000 was successful. So, the shared artifacts are online now and this
should no longer be an issue.

--Manfred