Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Christopher Galtenberg <c...@galtenberg.net> on 2002/02/22 20:35:30 UTC

Xerces Lessons Learned

Hello all!

I'm writing a chapter for an upcoming Addison-Wesley book on "Java and the
Apache XML Project", trying to spread the word.

I just have a quick question...  Are there any lessons you've learned with
Xerces-J that you'd be willing to share?  Anything, on the code, the
samples, the documentation, the framework, anything at all...   It would
only be a paragraph, but your frustrations (and scars) and solutions could
spare others many, many headaches.  In fact, I'd encourage you to share any
lessons learned with the entire list, and if you don't mind, I'll cull and
extract the 'gems' (I won't copy your language, I promise).

And if you'd like to add anything about the project in general, I
would -love- to hear from you.  This is how open-source grows.  And if you
have any questions for me, any concerns, I'd be glad to correspond with you.

Thank you for your time and attention,
Christopher Galtenberg

Re: Xerces Lessons Learned

Posted by Laura Hatcher <lh...@argoneng.com>.
I think that It would be a good idea to discuss EntityResolvers, what they are
used for and how they are used.  Be sure to discuss how they are used to resolve
schema locations, because I have seen that question asked a lot recently.