Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Dilshan Edirisuriya <di...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/09 13:37:11 UTC

[proposal] name prefix for new read/write interfaces

Hi,

Thanks you for the comments given to [1] , I am ready to submit my first
patch that contains set of new read/write interfaces . Still I have some
doubts about the naming conventions according to our discussion on JIRA
issue.  We discussed that "Editable" prefix is too long and by make using
the same name as read-only components may lead to confusion. So best
approach is to use a short prefix according to my knowledge. Following are
my suggestions.

1.) Use "Ed" instead of "Editable"

        e.g - EdBinding , EdDescription

2.) Use "E"

    e.g - EBinding , EDescription

Please provide your feedback on above. Any other alternative ideas are
welcome.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WODEN-20

Thank You,

Regards,

Dilshan

Re: [proposal] name prefix for new read/write interfaces

Posted by Dilshan Edirisuriya <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sagara,

Thank you for creating the branch. I will use this for my modifications.

Regards,

Dilshan

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dilshan ,

Posted by Dilshan Edirisuriya <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Dilshan,

I think it's most important to make some concrete process. Go with either
naming option. You can always refactor after receiving feedback on your
implementation.

Lawrence

From:
Dilshan Edirisuriya <di...@gmail.com>