Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by clay teahouse <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/19 12:53:38 UTC

worker logs

Hi All,
Sorry if these questions have asked before. I cannot find the answers.

1) Where do I specify the location of the worker logs? The default seems to
be /tmp.
2) How do I rotate these logs?

thanks,
Clay

Re: worker logs

Posted by clay teahouse <cl...@gmail.com>.
Even in local mode, logs are generated per worker.

Re: worker logs

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: worker logs

Posted by clay teahouse <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: worker logs

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: worker logs

Posted by clay teahouse <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Parth.

Re: worker logs

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: worker logs

Posted by Susana González <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: worker logs

Posted by clay teahouse <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Susana.

Topology dead even with synchronised output collector

Posted by Andrew Wu <aw...@innometrics.com>.
Hi Guys

I have fight over this for several days now.

34493 [Thread-17-disruptor-executor[3 8]-send-queue] ERROR backtype.storm.util - Async loop died!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at backtype.storm.utils.DisruptorQueue.consumeBatchToCursor(DisruptorQueue.java:128) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.utils.DisruptorQueue.consumeBatchWhenAvailable(DisruptorQueue.java:99) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.disruptor$consume_batch_when_available.invoke(disruptor.clj:80) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.disruptor$consume_loop_STAR_$fn__1460.invoke(disruptor.clj:94) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.util$async_loop$fn__464.invoke(util.clj:463) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:24) [clojure-1.5.1.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724) [na:1.7.0_40]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at clojure.lang.RT.intCast(RT.java:1087) ~[clojure-1.5.1.jar:na]
at backtype.storm.daemon.worker$mk_transfer_fn$fn__3549.invoke(worker.clj:129) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.daemon.executor$start_batch_transfer__GT_worker_handler_BANG_$fn__3283.invoke(executor.clj:258) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.disruptor$clojure_handler$reify__1447.onEvent(disruptor.clj:58) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]
at backtype.storm.utils.DisruptorQueue.consumeBatchToCursor(DisruptorQueue.java:125) ~[storm-core-0.9.3.jar:0.9.3]

My research shows this should have been caused by OutputCollector being accessed by multiple threads.
I tried both using synchronised block and volatile keyword, this problem persists.
As described in https://storm.apache.org/documentation/Concepts.html OutputCollector should thread safe.

Question is: Is this OutputCollector thread safe? if so, what else may cause this problem?

Many thanks!

Andrew Ge Wu
Backend Developer & Integration Tech Lead
Mobile: +46 76 88 99 970
Website: www.innometrics.com<http://www.innometrics.com/>

[cid:A29501B8-EA20-463B-A4A4-203BB3DA4788]

Re: worker logs

Posted by Susana González <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clay,