Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ranveer <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 10:52:12 UTC

field value getting null with special char

Hi All,

I am facing problem to get value from solr server for a particular field.
My environment is :
Red hat 5.3
Solr 3.3
Jdk 1.6.24
Tomcat 6.2x
Fetching value using SolrJ

When using *:* on browser it show but when using solrj all value coming
except few fields those have special char.

<str name="fetch_value1">Scoring (TEST)</str>
<str name="fetch_value2">Scoring rate 3/4 (5)</str>

above value coming on browser but getting blank in solrj. I also noticed
that all field with '(' or ')' have this kind of problem.

If this is related to '(' then how to skip special char so can get value
in solrj.

regards
Ranveer

Re: field value getting null with special char

Posted by Ranveer <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

I am using SolrQuery.setFields and following are my code :

query.setParam("fq", "type:Livescore");
query.addSortField("last_updated", ORDER.desc);
query.setRows(5);

I think solr is connecting to server because with same query I am
getting field value other than special char field value.

regards
Ranveer

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ranveer Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.