Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Torsten Stolpmann <To...@verit.de> on 2006/04/04 20:17:14 UTC

Re: Transparent Tab corners

Web Maestro Clay wrote:

> Is it possible to create transparent round corners for the tabs?

I think I remember from a previous discussion on the mailing lists that this
is not possible. Not a 100% sure.

Regards,

Torsten

Re: Transparent Tab corners

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Apr 5, 2006, at 6:17 AM, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> please see the following thread
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/user@forrest.apache.org/msg01844.html
>
> Johannes

Thank you for the response. Here's the relevant info from that post...

> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 08:40:49 -0800 Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> > In fact, the transparency is define (between 0 and 1) with the
> opacity
> > attribute of a SVG shape.
> > For instance - if I remember - opacity="1" means it is completly
> > transparent,
> > opacity=".3" means the shape is 30% transparent...
> >
> > In our case, there is no argument to specify this in the call...
>
> I tried the following in corner-imports.svg.xslt for the bg-rect:
>     <rect x="-1" y="-1" width="{$biggersize}"
>      height="{$biggersize}" fill="black" opacity="0.5"/>
>
> Opacity=0.0 (completely transparent) doesn't work, the problem is that
> the box behind the tabs (or menu, ...) need to be covered by the
> rounded corner. With some value for opacity this box shines through.
>
> So, there's no chance to get transparent rounded corners in the
> current implementation (my personal verdict) :-(
>
> Johannes

I wanted 'transparency', but I'd settle for just making the rounded
corner background the same color as the graphic on which it lays.

One possibility would be to add an additional (optional!) attribute
wherein you specify the BGcolor for the corner images. This would be
separate from the BGcolor for the page (and even the HEADER--in case
it's a different color). I ended up choosing a color from the
background-image.

One other possibility, would be to give it a 0.1 transparency, which
may just be 'close enough' to give the effect we want.

Thank you for this information! I believe it will be helpful!

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: Transparent Tab corners

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mar, 04-04-2006 a las 20:17 +0200, Torsten Stolpmann escribió:
>> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>>> Is it possible to create transparent round corners for the tabs?
>>>
>> I think I remember from a previous discussion on the mailing lists that this
>> is not possible. Not a 100% sure.
>>

> Did you try "transparent"?
>
> What is the svg specification regarding transparent colors?
>
> It is certainly possible if not out-of-the-box one can patch
> main/webapp/skins/common/images/corner-imports.svg.xslt to check for
> transparent and then omit the stroke.
>
> some links
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmopen-members/200308/msg00003.html
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Torsten

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825
München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Re: Transparent Tab corners