Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/07/13 20:02:28 UTC

XSP/Sitemap Reloading Fix

I am almost done fixing the issue with XSP and Sitemap reloading.
Right now, the ProgramGenerator correctly identifies that it needs
to be recompiled, but it doesn't successfully unload the old
CompiledComponent.  I have that part fixed, but there is the issue
with the Source file not being removed from the repository.  The
ProgramGenerator tries to use the existing source file.  If it
compiles, then it assumes that everything is kosher.

I am almost done, and will commit my fixes RSN.  I want to get this
done before Beta 2.

Re: XSP/Sitemap Reloading Fix

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I am almost done fixing the issue with XSP and Sitemap reloading.
> Right now, the ProgramGenerator correctly identifies that it needs
> to be recompiled, but it doesn't successfully unload the old
> CompiledComponent.  I have that part fixed, but there is the issue
> with the Source file not being removed from the repository.  The
> ProgramGenerator tries to use the existing source file.  If it
> compiles, then it assumes that everything is kosher.
>
> I am almost done, and will commit my fixes RSN.  I want to get this
> done before Beta 2.

I got as far as I could.  For some reason, Cocoon is not relinquishing
the Classloader for the generated classes.  Everything looks like it
is operating correctly.  The only thing I can think of is if Tomcat
or some other code includes the repository in a parent classloader.
This is very frustrating.

Am I alone in my troubles here?  Cocoon 2 is not dynamically reloading
my XSP after a change is made.