Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/10/26 00:05:10 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC1)

??Thanks again for all who verified and voted!

I give my binding +1 to conclude the vote for 2.8.2 RC1, based on:
- Build from source and verify signatures
- Deploy pseudo-distributed cluster and run some simple job, like: pi, sleep, etc.
- Verify UI of daemons, like: NameNode, ResourceManager, NodeManager, etc.

Now, we have:

7 binding +1s, from:
     John Zhuge, Jason Lowe, Chris Douglas, Wangda Tan, Ravi Prakash, Eric Payne, Junping Du

10 non-binding +1s, from:
    Hanisha Koneru, Wei Yan, Brahma Reddy Battula, Shane Kumpf, Ajay Kumar, Bharat Viswanadham, Mukul Kumar Singh, Eric Badger, Bibinchundatt, Rakesh Radhakrishnan

and no -1s.

So I am glad to announce that the vote of 2.8.2 RC1 passes.

Thanks everyone listed above who tried the release candidate and vote. Also, kudos to all who ever help with 2.8.2 release effort in all kinds of ways- especially the Yahoo! guys who deployed 2.8 in production environment and identify many issues with fixes. Also, Shane, Miklos and others to help with docker container effort during RC stage.

I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 2.8.2 soon.

Thanks,

Junping?