Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2009/10/01 11:48:16 UTC

Re: ServiceLoader and OSGi?

Did this issue ever get resolved?

As far as I can see, you are trying to find a service provider from the
SPI bundle, but the SPI bundle doesn't have any visibility to the
service provider, so it cannot find it. You cannot use ServiceLoader in
the normal way in OSGi.

-> richard

Re: ServiceLoader and OSGi?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I can now finally follow up on that. I've just published an initial
version of my JAR Service Provider abstraction on my website:
http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/development/osgi/jar-services.html

However, the client API has changed since I've last talked about it here.
An updated example can be found on the page above. Let me know if
there's interest to adopt the package into Felix. Since it doesn't
require OSGi to run, I guess Apache Commons could also be a suitable
home. At any rate, I'd be happy to donate it to the ASF if the community
finds this useful. I'll continue working on FOP & Batik over the next
few weeks to make them fit to run in an OSGi environment. I've got an
initial version running but not all extension points are transformed to
use the new service abstraction. There's also the question where it will
settle.

I'm grateful for any feedback on this!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: ServiceLoader and OSGi?