Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by In...@nokia.com on 2002/02/07 17:10:22 UTC

Schema Question - parser behavior w.r.t schemaLocation attribute

Hi,

The W3C XML Schema specification says that :
"....... The schemaLocation attribute contains pairs of values: The first member of each pair is the namespace for which the second member is the hint describing where to find to an appropriate schema document. The presence of these hints does not require the processor to obtain or use the cited schema documents, and the processor is free to use other schemas obtained by any suitable means, or to use no schema at all. "

Does it mean that if I have used the xsi:schemaLocation attribute in my XML and the schema is not present, then the parser should report "Validation OK" or it should be silent or it should report error?

TIA for your help.

Regards,
Indrajit