Posted to users@maven.apache.org by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/05 14:39:49 UTC

Problematic Parent tag.

Hi,
It is supposed to deploy company artifacts to the LAN repository and use
them from other artifacts which depend on them. But I am facing this problem
with the parent tag inside the pom of the deployed artifact.

Say I have deployed *a.jar* ( whose pom has a parent tag, since it is a
sub-module of the whole project as such), and *b.jar* has *a.jar* in its
dependency.
Now when I run a maven goal I see the error in which it tells that maven was
not able to find the the parent pom ( it sees the parent tag in the *a.jar's
* pom and tries to look for it, which obviously it doesn't find.) The parent
to *a.jar* is just a logical project with packaging type as pom.

Could someone please help out. This problem kind of brought everything in
release automation on the knees.

Regards,
Amit

Re: Problematic Parent tag.

Posted by amit kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
But under the parent of a.jar there are other projects as well which are
owned by different developers. The scenario is like:
                               *Parent Project
a.jar*(developer1)*     c.war*(developer2)*       d.jar*(developer3)

All the three developers are responsible for deploying artifacts. So how to
ensure the Parent Project's pom gets gets installed/deployed in the Intranet
repository, and who should be installing that? Because every developer does
like  *C:\Parent Project\a>mvn deploy. *This doesn't result in the
deployment of parent project's pom.

Thanks and Regards,
Amit

Re: Problematic Parent tag.