Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org> on 2015/04/27 20:39:24 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Assembly Plugin 2.5.4 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache
Maven Assembly Plugin, version 2.5.4

The Assembly Plugin for Maven is primarily intended to allow users to aggregate
the project output along with its dependencies, modules, site documentation,
and other files into a single distributable archive.

This release is mostly a bugfix release, but due to MASSEMBLY-764 we
also gained multithreaded ZIP compression, which should especially
benefit users with large zip files.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <version>2.5.4</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven Assembly Plugin - Version 2.5.4

** Bug
    * [MASSEMBLY-742] - Unclosed ZipFile warnings when ZIP archives are included
    * [MASSEMBLY-746] - Warnings about platform dependent paths inconsistent.
    * [MASSEMBLY-747] - StackOverflowError when building assembly
    * [MASSEMBLY-748] - problem to extract zip files including file
names with umlauts
    * [MASSEMBLY-750] - descriptor in "dir" format changes symbolic
links in non symlink files
    * [MASSEMBLY-753] - LineEnding CR to LF conversion output is wrong
: All EOL are removed
    * [MASSEMBLY-754] - Non existing folder produces NPE
    * [MASSEMBLY-755] - missing whitespace in log message

** Improvement
    * [MASSEMBLY-764] - Upgrade to plexus-archiver 2.10 and io 2.5

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

RE: [ANN] Apache Maven Assembly Plugin 2.5.4 Released

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.
Yep. Real soon. This was the last planned jdk5 release of assembly.

Kristian

Posted by co...@wellsfargo.com.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.