Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ni...@bnpparibas.com on 2002/12/09 18:16:18 UTC

[BUG?] Activity Plugin (1.2-snapshot) and Changelog Plugin (1.2-snapshot)

Currently, the change log / file activity  report creates bad urls for the
links to viewcvs if the project is not in the default CVS root for ViewCVS.

Currently, in our POM, we set

<url>http://tcg.bfi.echonet/viewcvs/APE/Services/Pricing/APECore/?cvsroot=IRG+Real+Time+Pricing</url>

(Note the cvsroot param at the end - this is not required when you are in
the default cvsroot for viewcvs)

The problem is that the "?cvsroot=IRG+Real+Time+Pricing" must always be at
the end of the URL, however, at the moment, this ends up in the middle of
the URL (with the relativepath/filename appearing after it).

Does it make sense to seperate the two parts of the URL at the POM
interpreation level? (ie at the org.apache.project.Repository class)?

Perhaps the velocity template can be changed for the activity report (I
have no experience with this)
 (still trying to work out how the Changelog report works - it seems
totally different)

Thanks,
Nick

Re: [BUG?] Activity Plugin (1.2-snapshot) and Changelog Plugin (1.2-snapshot)

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Hi Rafal,

Rafal Krzewski <rk...@ngo.pl> wrote on 10/12/2002 09:53:05 PM:

> I think that it would be better handled by a Velocity context tool that
> would undestand the repository reference syntax and produce correct
> URLs. I'll work on it as soon as the activity plugin patch I have
> submited on friday makes it to the tree (hint, hint dIon :-))
did someone else (probably Jason) apply the patch?

I've been offline due to a dead hard drive for a few days.....
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [BUG?] Activity Plugin (1.2-snapshot) and Changelog Plugin (1.2-snapshot)

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <rk...@ngo.pl>.
nick.minutello@bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Currently, the change log / file activity  report creates bad urls for the
> links to viewcvs if the project is not in the default CVS root for ViewCVS.
>
> Currently, in our POM, we set
>
> <url>http://tcg.bfi.echonet/viewcvs/APE/Services/Pricing/APECore/?cvsroot=IRG+Real+Time+Pricing</url>
>
> (Note the cvsroot param at the end - this is not required when you are in
> the default cvsroot for viewcvs)
>
> The problem is that the "?cvsroot=IRG+Real+Time+Pricing" must always be at
> the end of the URL, however, at the moment, this ends up in the middle of
> the URL (with the relativepath/filename appearing after it).

It's busted, no doubt about that. The parameter should be moved to the
very end of the url, and the ? should be replaced by & if there is a ?
in the url already.

> Does it make sense to seperate the two parts of the URL at the POM
> interpreation level? (ie at the org.apache.project.Repository class)?

I think that it would be better handled by a Velocity context tool that
would undestand the repository reference syntax and produce correct
URLs. I'll work on it as soon as the activity plugin patch I have
submited on friday makes it to the tree (hint, hint dIon :-))

> Perhaps the velocity template can be changed for the activity report (I
> have no experience with this)
>  (still trying to work out how the Changelog report works - it seems
> totally different)

Changelog does not produce an xdoc as file/developer activity reports.
Instead it's data (changelog.xml) file is processed by the xdoc plugin
directly -- search for #match("changelog") in xdoc/site.dvsl

Rafal