Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Eric Allen <er...@netdocuments.com> on 2019/10/09 15:48:55 UTC

Highlighting Solr 8

Use case

I am querying a catchall field and then would like to highlight that term in 3 other fields say a, b, and c.  I already have full term vectors.
From my reading and limited testing the fastest choice would be
hl.method unified
hl.termVectors true
hl.termPositions true
hl.termOffsets true

Does anyone know the Big O of the unified highlighter?
Can you use alternate fields with the unified highlighter, ex. Highlight field a, if there isn't a match highlight the field in b and c.
I'm I going down the wrong path, I'm new to Solr, should I be doing something different?

Thanks!

[Image result for netdocuments logo]

Eric Allen
Software Developer, NetDocuments
2500 Executive Parkway, Suite 300
Lehi, Utah 84043

Office: 801.989.9697
C: 801.989.9691

eric.allen@netdocuments.com<ma...@netdocuments.com>
www.netdocuments.com<http://www.netdocuments.com/>

[cid:image004.png@01D547C0.B6DEDF10]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/netdocuments/>[cid:image005.png@01D547C0.B6DEDF10]<https://twitter.com/netdocuments/>[cid:image006.png@01D547C0.B6DEDF10]<https://www.facebook.com/ndocuments/>[cid:image007.png@01D547C0.B6DEDF10]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7KwFJexAm8tEwtacp5SkaQ>

Re: Highlighting Solr 8

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
What did you end up doing, Eric?  Did you migrate to the Unified
Highlighter?
~ David

RE: Highlighting Solr 8

Re: Highlighting Solr 8