Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2018/05/22 03:04:39 UTC

[Discussion] About cancel vote for 2.6.2-RC1 and prepare RC2.

Hello community,

We have asked the apache PMC members to review and vote on the 2.6.2 RC, based on the feedbacks, especially those reported by Willem, Sebb, Ian and Justin, we are planning to prepare RC2 and start a new round of vote.

Compared to RC1, RC2 plans to fix the following issues:
- Resolve scheme compatibility problems[1].
- Remove the MD5 hashes in RC1
- Rename the source release file to 'dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release'.
- Polish the Code Conduct,  Contributing Doc, some pom files to remove some out of date informations.
- Remove some unrelated log files and empty directories from the source release, try to keep source release the same with release tag.
- Temporarily close checkstyle-plugin by default.

The apache vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/96af7381da0fbc1dc0895134abc5f8faf892a72061929489082f5e6a@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/96af7381da0fbc1dc0895134abc5f8faf892a72061929489082f5e6a@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E>

Discussion welcomed.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1816 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1816>

Best regards,
Jun

Re: [Discussion] About cancel vote for 2.6.2-RC1 and prepare RC2.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
The canceling email has been sent, should start RC2 now.

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [Discussion] About cancel vote for 2.6.2-RC1 and prepare RC2.

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Wang Xin <lo...@hotmail.com>.