Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bernard Bondar <bb...@nyit.edu> on 2010/10/14 18:34:54 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

Hi All,

Does anyone know if I need to uninstall  Tomcat 5.5  before I install 6.0 or can I just install on top of it?

Thank you,
Bernard

RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00 [mailto:jason.t.hansel.ctr@navy.mil]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

> How can I remove myself from these Posts?

Read the bottom of every message...

 - Chuck

RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

Posted by "Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00" <ja...@navy.mil>.
How can I remove myself from these Posts?

Posted by Bernard Bondar <bb...@nyit.edu>.
Thank you,
Bernard

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 14/10/2010 21:20, Bernard Bondar wrote:
> Thank you!

But note: if the app contains JSPs and those JSPs were precompiled using
the Jasper Ant task, the app will need to be recompiled to avoid weird
errors.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry unless you see a
bunch of errors.

Posted by Bernard Bondar <bb...@nyit.edu>.
Thank you!

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

Posted by Bernard Bondar <bb...@nyit.edu>.
Thanks!

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Bernard Bondar <bb...@nyit.edu>.
Almost forgot, what about a webapp (which I currently have) that is under 5.5?

Thanks,
Bernard

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Bernard Bondar [mailto:bbondar@nyit.edu]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

> Does anyone know if I need to uninstall Tomcat 5.5 before I
> install 6.0 or can I just install on top of it?

You do not need to uninstall prior versions, but you certainly don't want to install on top of an existing version.  Always install in a different location, configure the new version, then update scripts as needed to point to the new spot.

(The above presumes you're installing a real Tomcat downloaded from tomcat.apache.org; if you're using a 3rd-party repackaged version, you're on your own.)

 - Chuck