Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Pgaz <gn...@irisa.fr> on 2010/02/12 15:19:21 UTC

Re: [SMX4.1] Feature won't install but the osgi bundle installs fine

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the same problem.
I'm working with Apache Karaf 1.2.0 and I'm unable to find out why this
error is happening.
I think something's wrong in the download/install/start mechanism of the
features module of karaf, because as you said, it perfectlly works when
deploying by hand (I mean install -s ...).

Any idea about that ?
Does it come from a malformed feature.xml, or a problem in the activator ?

Thanks,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, the MANIFEST.MF is supposed to be the first entry in the zip
file, and the limitations on the line length is imposed by the JRE,
not OSGi per se.
It's just that the JVM usually don't care about the manifest, whereas
OSGi always need to read it...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: [SMX4.1] Feature won't install but the osgi bundle installs fine

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by TheWinch <vi...@thalesgroup.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.