Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2008/05/29 08:19:35 UTC

Re[2]: HSLF slide.draw() is does not render entire image.

In ppt slides equations are embedded OLE objects. Each OLE object
consists of two parts:
 - snapshot in WMF format. This is what needs to be rendered.
 - the actual binary OLE data. This part is activated by double-click.

Since rendering of WMF is not supported by JDK, the equations don't
appear in the created images.

In next versions of HSLF I plan to use Batik http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/ which
includes a WMF transcoder:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/transcoder/wmf/tosvg/WMFPainter.html
If you feel like researching this subject, I can explain how to
extend HSLF code to use third-party image renderers.

Yegor

Re: HSLF slide.draw() is does not render entire image.

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
You need to make sure that each platform has all the necessary fonts
installed.

If I recall correctly on Windows they go into the system, but on Unix
systems they need to go into the Java setup - often - /usr/java/jre/
lib/fonts

Possibly you'll need to install the fonts into java on Windows as
well. I don't know if we know if Batik requires that.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Travis Patterson <ma...@unm.edu>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
[...]

                 new org.apache.batik.transcoder.wmf.tosvg.WMFRecordStore();
         try {
             wmfStore.read(is);
         } catch (IOException e){
             e.printStackTrace();