Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thom Park <tp...@borland.com> on 2002/01/11 20:11:25 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.2 b multibyte issue.

Craig et.al.

Recently I posted a vague question w.r.t. Multi-byte support in tomcat
4.0.2.
Somewhat similar to the oracle at delphi, by asking a general question,
I got a general answer.

I now have a specific case where there appears to be a problem with
multi-byte support in the
latest tomcat.

In the attached jsp, try cutting and pasting the double-byte chinese
character displayed by the browser
into the input field and hit the submit button.

You should see that the character does not get displayed correctly.

Is this a usage problem on my part or some problem with the character
encoding?

It appears to indicate that the somehow the byte stream is not being
interpreted properly by tomcat.

-Thom

Re: Tomcat 4.0.2 b multibyte issue.

Posted by Alec <al...@msa.hinet.net>.
The JSP spec assumes a default character encoding of ISO-8859-1 for GET/POST
parameters.
You will need to convert the parameter strings received by servlets/JSP
pages into bytes with
their character encoding as ISO-8859-1 and convert them back to Java strings
with your own
favorite character encoding(s).