Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si> on 2007/04/05 09:39:47 UTC

Table (pageable,ajax, with checkboxes, with 'action' button)

Hello,

if I want to have a pageable,ajax enabled table with checkboxes in each
row and some action button to act upon selected rows (checkboxes), ..

   1. is there a component out there
   2. should I extend tacos table
   3. should I extend contrib table

Thanks,
Borut

Re: Table (pageable,ajax, with checkboxes, with 'action' button)

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.
I wouldn't think you'd have to do anything at all.  I've built pages
that have a checkbox in each row and an action button which acts on
selected rows using both tacos table and contrib table.  I just make
the checkboxes set their value into a property of the page, and then
in the setter method, I grab the object for the current row and either
do what I need to have done right then, or else I shove it in a data
structure that I can then process during the listener method of the
form. It should work fine whether the table uses ajax or not.

My commentary is based on Tap 4.0 code, but I can't imagine that
things are much different in Tap 4.1.  The rewind cycle executes in
the same manner, in any case, and that is all that the functionaliy is
dependant upon.

--sam

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/5, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>:

> I believe that tacos:Table was created by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi and
> that
> he extended contrib:Table
>
> Take a look at
>
> http://fisheye3.cenqua.com/browse/tacos/tacos-4.0/trunk/tacos-core/src/java/net/sf/tacos/ajax/components/table
>
> We could use an ajax version of Table in 4.1 !

Yes,  I am just beginning to realize why Tapestry is not more popular - lack
of components! This statement seems contraversial to the fact that they are
so easy to create. Maybe so easy, that everyone is making them for each
project from the ground up.  Don't get me wrong, I am amazed of the energy
and free work of open source developers!

I will look into the above sources. They have to be portet to 4.1.2, right?

Cheers,

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: Table (pageable,ajax, with checkboxes, with 'action' button)

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si>.
For 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
For which tapestry version?