Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com> on 2012/01/15 10:44:06 UTC

svn ignore for netbeans

When using netbeans as an ide, it will always create a subdirectory
called nbproject inside the project root directory. That means svn
status will show this local directory as "?" (not under version control).

There are no circumstances where someone should be allowed to commit the
nbproject directory or its contents. When I get around to providing
sample netbeans project files for tomcat, they should be put in
res/netbeans with instructions on how to deploy them (into the nbproject
directory) and customise their contents.

Would it be possible to add the nbproject directory name to the
svn:ignore property of the trunk? I can see you have already done this
for the log and work directories.

Thanks,

Brian

Re: svn ignore for netbeans

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 15.01.2012 10:44, Brian Burch wrote:
> When using netbeans as an ide, it will always create a subdirectory
> called nbproject inside the project root directory. That means svn
> status will show this local directory as "?" (not under version control).
>
> There are no circumstances where someone should be allowed to commit the
> nbproject directory or its contents. When I get around to providing
> sample netbeans project files for tomcat, they should be put in
> res/netbeans with instructions on how to deploy them (into the nbproject
> directory) and customise their contents.
>
> Would it be possible to add the nbproject directory name to the
> svn:ignore property of the trunk? I can see you have already done this
> for the log and work directories.

I added nbproject to svn:ignore and .gitignore for trunk and TC 7.

Regards,

Rainer