Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com> on 2000/09/12 21:15:13 UTC

avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException

I'm trying to get Cocoon 2.0a2 (just out of CVS) running under
Tomcat/Catalina 4.0dev.

Tomcat seems to be functioning okay, but I'm having difficulties getting
the latest Cocoon 2 running.

Can anyone suggest where I should be looking, or tell me that the current
CVS has a fault so that I don't spend ages trying to configure the
impossible!

Thanks,

Stuart.

 internal-server-error - Can't access class
'org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl' with
role 'program-generator' due to a
org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException[Can't access class
'org.apache.avalon.NamedComponentManagerImpl' with role 'factory' due to a
org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException[null @ null]]

 description - org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException: Can't
access class
'org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl' with
role 'program-generator' due to a
org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException[Can't access class
'org.apache.avalon.NamedComponentManagerImpl' with role 'factory' due to a
org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException[null @ null]]

 from - org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

 source - Cocoon servlet

 stacktrace - org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException: Can't
access class
'org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl' with
role 'program-generator' due to a
org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException[Can't access class
'org.apache.avalon.NamedComponentManagerImpl' with role 'factory' due to a
org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException[null @ null]]
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.getComponent(Cocoon.java:193)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.run(SitemapHandler.java:146)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Re: avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Stuart Roebuck wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get Cocoon 2.0a2 (just out of CVS) running under
> > > Tomcat/Catalina 4.0dev.
> > >
> > > Tomcat seems to be functioning okay, but I'm having difficulties getting
> > > the latest Cocoon 2 running.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest where I should be looking, or tell me that the current
> > > CVS has a fault so that I don't spend ages trying to configure the
> > > impossible!
> >
> > It doesn't seem that the current CVS has any problems. I've checked my
> > c2 version agains cvs and reinstalled everything and it's running
> > charming (on a Linux box with jdk 1.2.2).
> >
> > Send us a listing of your tomcat-4.0/lib directory.
>
> Well, it's the exact problem I'm having on windows so there _is_
> something wrong if two people can reproduce  the exact same
> stacktrace... don't you think?

I've never said there is nothing wrong, I've said switch back to jdk
1.2.2 :)

> Try using JDK 1.3

Ok, I will soon even try it on a Win$ box.

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

Re: avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException

Posted by Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com>.
>Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>>  Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>>  >
>>  > I'm trying to get Cocoon 2.0a2 (just out of CVS) running under
>>  > Tomcat/Catalina 4.0dev.
>>  >
>>  > Tomcat seems to be functioning okay, but I'm having difficulties getting
>>  > the latest Cocoon 2 running.
>>  >
>>  > Can anyone suggest where I should be looking, or tell me that the current
>>  > CVS has a fault so that I don't spend ages trying to configure the
>>  > impossible!
>>
>>  It doesn't seem that the current CVS has any problems. I've checked my
>>  c2 version agains cvs and reinstalled everything and it's running
>>  charming (on a Linux box with jdk 1.2.2).
>>
>>  Send us a listing of your tomcat-4.0/lib directory.
>
>Well, it's the exact problem I'm having on windows so there _is_
>something wrong if two people can reproduce  the exact same
>stacktrace... don't you think?
>
>Try using JDK 1.3

I'm running under 1.2.2 (+Hotspot) on MacOS X DP4, if that helps.

Stuart.
           Stuart Roebuck BSc(Hons) MBA, Managing Director, ADOLOS
    Tel. 0131 228 4853      Fax. 0870 054 8322      http://www.adolos.com
               Pager  07654 588 898 (100 char alphanumeric)
         For secure communication use my personal PGP Public Key:
  PGP Fingerprint - 801F 1FBD D568 98AA A90D  CEB2 6CEF 046B 23BA FAC9

Re: avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Stuart Roebuck wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to get Cocoon 2.0a2 (just out of CVS) running under
> > Tomcat/Catalina 4.0dev.
> >
> > Tomcat seems to be functioning okay, but I'm having difficulties getting
> > the latest Cocoon 2 running.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest where I should be looking, or tell me that the current
> > CVS has a fault so that I don't spend ages trying to configure the
> > impossible!
>
> It doesn't seem that the current CVS has any problems. I've checked my
> c2 version agains cvs and reinstalled everything and it's running
> charming (on a Linux box with jdk 1.2.2).
>
> Send us a listing of your tomcat-4.0/lib directory.

Well, it's the exact problem I'm having on windows so there _is_
something wrong if two people can reproduce  the exact same
stacktrace... don't you think?

Try using JDK 1.3

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException

Posted by Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com>.
>Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>>
>>  I'm trying to get Cocoon 2.0a2 (just out of CVS) running under
>>  Tomcat/Catalina 4.0dev.
>>
>>  Tomcat seems to be functioning okay, but I'm having difficulties getting
>>  the latest Cocoon 2 running.
>>
>>  Can anyone suggest where I should be looking, or tell me that the current
>>  CVS has a fault so that I don't spend ages trying to configure the
>>  impossible!
>
>It doesn't seem that the current CVS has any problems. I've checked my
>c2 version agains cvs and reinstalled everything and it's running
>charming (on a Linux box with jdk 1.2.2).
>
>Send us a listing of your tomcat-4.0/lib directory.

The lib directory of my tomcat distribution contains:

	jaxp.jar
	parser.jar
	servlet.jar
	jasper.jar

I notice that there is a reference somewhere in downloading the
latest nightly tomcat build, that you need the separate servlet build
to run it, yet the nightly build of tomcat contains a servlet.jar.
Could this have anything to do with things?  My impression is that
this is a cocoon rather than a tomcat issue.

If you mean the lib directory in my webapp (e.g WEB-INF/lib/*) then
the files are:

	AvalonAware.jar
	bsf.jar
	bsfengines.jar
	cocoon.jar
	jakarta-regexp-1.1.jar
	jstyle.jar
	rhino.jar
	stylebook-1.0-b2.jar
	svg-20000806.jar
	xalan_1_2_D01.jar
	xerces_1_2.jar
	xt.jar
	fop_0_14_1-dev.jar
	css.jar

Hope this helps,

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> I'm trying to get Cocoon 2.0a2 (just out of CVS) running under
> Tomcat/Catalina 4.0dev.
>
> Tomcat seems to be functioning okay, but I'm having difficulties getting
> the latest Cocoon 2 running.
>
> Can anyone suggest where I should be looking, or tell me that the current
> CVS has a fault so that I don't spend ages trying to configure the
> impossible!

It doesn't seem that the current CVS has any problems. I've checked my
c2 version agains cvs and reinstalled everything and it's running
charming (on a Linux box with jdk 1.2.2).

Send us a listing of your tomcat-4.0/lib directory.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch