Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by adam colin <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/10 13:34:17 UTC

how can i get javascript to work in XSLT?

I have the following problem, and would appreciate any
help..

I want to make use of the extensions from Xalan-Java
which will allow me to define my own javascript
functions. i can't however get xalan to load the
javascript langauge. I followed the instructions at
the apache site..

I have bsf.jar, bsfengines.jar (binaries from
working-dogs.com) and js.jar(1.5 from mozilla) in my
classpath on tomcat. I have my stylesheet set up as
below..

I get the following error displayed on the tomcat
startup window under NT..

Call to extension function failed: unable to load
language: javascript

Looks like the BSF engine cannot load the js.jar...

here is my stylesheet

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:jjc="http://www.spektra.co.uk"
xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"