Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2019/11/21 20:06:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Omid and Tephra - Graduation (or Retirement?)

Hi -

We are calling the movement of Omid and Tephra graduation to a project. To me this looks more like retirement where a podling moves on to a new place after failing to incubate. This distinction makes no difference to the podling. It does matter to the Incubator as we measure our success in Incubating projects.

I’m going to change podlings.xml to reflect these as “graduated”. If after discussion we have consensus to change these to “retired” then the change is easy.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Omid and Tephra - Graduation (or Retirement?)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
I really don't care one way or the other for the terminology we use and,
as VP Phoenix, am happy to use whatever terminology is deemed "most
correct".

If anything, I like Justin's use of "exited" to not attach feelings to
how a podling leaves the incubator. I think attaching "good" and "bad"
exits is not in-line with how we treat podlings (e.g. podlings who chose
to leave because the Incubator is not for them, we have no scorn or
malice towards them).

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Ok my mistake about Solr. I thought it was a TLP.

As to the second half of what I said still this doesn’t look like a failure to gain a community and stable management. Omid and Tephra code is now under Phoenix. The Phoenix TLP has a community and stable management. Just like Lucene has a community and stable management.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.