Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de> on 2017/09/10 11:02:57 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

+1

Looking forward to the design proposal.

You can use the wiki with a new page under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Requirements+and+Design+Proposals
to provide the details and support collaboration.

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pritam!!

--
Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Scott,

Thanks for your comment. The proposal was just to integrate the Short
Messaging Service only. So we had given a specific name to the entity. As
per the suggestions from the community, we renamed it as telecom instead of
SMS so it's somewhat a broader term than the old one. We have designed it
in a similar way like the payment gateway integration in OFBiz. As per
design, it can be used for all types of telecom communications like SMS,
MMS, WhatsApp, OTP generation and verification etc.

Your suggestion looks very good to me but for now, we are not aware of how
much changes/improvements we would need to make existing codebase to
accommodate Email and telecom services using a single entity. We will keep
this pointer in mind and we can work on it as a part of design improvements.

Thanks
--
Pritam Kute

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks Pierre and Rishi.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Pritam,

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks all for your inputs.

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Pritam,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
sounds awesome, and we could all benefit. +1

I propose preparing your PoC and sharing it here after you attaching
it in JIRA. I hope we can minimize the number of library dependencies
if we can.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Pritam,

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.