Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Sobol <sj...@JustThe.net> on 2005/03/25 04:33:42 UTC

How not to advertise WSDL?

I just recently installed Axis and am impressed with it. JWS, in particular, is
a great idea, and I expect it to be a big timesaver during the early stages of
web service development.

I'm planning on creating some services, however, that I don't want to
advertise. Is there any way to prevent http://www.some.url/some.webservice?wsdl
from spitting out the WSDL? Is there any way to prevent someone going to
/some.webservice in a browser from seeing "This is a web service"? And is there
some way to prevent Axis from displaying the service's descriptor in the list
of deployed services?

I know I can achieve these goals by hacking the source code. :> What I need to
know is if there is a way to accomplish any or all of them WITHOUT modifying
the source.

Thanks in advance,
   Steve

     --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Re: How not to advertise WSDL?

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:33:42PM -0800, Steve Sobol wrote:
: I'm planning on creating some services, however, that I don't want to
: advertise. Is there any way to prevent
: http://www.some.url/some.webservice?wsdl from spitting out the WSDL?

In the server-side deployment descriptor (server-config.wsdd) set an
empty <wsdlfile> element for that service:

	<service ...>
		<wsdlfile/>
	</service ...>

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/
tech news  -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com/

Re: How not to advertise WSDL?

Posted by "Tim K. (Gmane)" <tk...@ugcs.net>.
I asked the same question a while back in this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.webservices.axis.user/26811

Apparently it is not possible. Maybe things have changed since then.

Tim