Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2013/01/26 10:48:03 UTC

Confusion about the Installer and the versions.

I am currently working on applying some patches to Flexmojos 6 and was giving the updated Mavenizer a testrun. I thought this would be a good idea to give the Installer a testrun as I didn't want to manually install all the dependencies.

It successfully installed Flex 4.9 on my system. Now I wanted to install the Apache Flex 4.8 version, but couldn't find a way to do so. On the installer page now I could read:

"The Apache Flex team is pleased to offer this release, available as of 12/27/2012. This is the first available Flex SDK release since being accepted as an Apache Software Foundation top level project, and is designed to be compatible with the Adobe Flex SDK version 4.8.0 and 4.6.0."

As far as I know 4.8.0 is NOT an Adobe SDK ... is this not correct?

Is there an Installer for the 4.8.0 ... I know there was one.

Chris

Re: Confusion about the Installer and the versions.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I saw that, and only corrected it on the new site (thinking it was going to
go live in days, not weeks -- we are still waiting on sign-off from
trademarks).  The old installer is archived here :
http://flex.apache.org/v2/download-archive.html

-Nick