Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by shabanip <sh...@avapajoohesh.com> on 2005/02/25 10:32:32 UTC

commercial license

how can i get commercial license of spamassasian
Payam Shabanian
shabanip -at- avapajoohesh.com

Re: commercial license

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 05:56:46PM +0330, shabanip wrote:
> but i want to use it in a commercial project
> really i won't need to pay??!!!

Please read the LICENSE file in the distribution, or you can lookup the
Apache License v2 at http://www.apache.org/licenses/

Also, please see the TRADEMARK file for information regarding use of
the name "SpamAssassin".

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"The car had all the quality and safety of a cheap garden tractor."

Re: commercial license

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 09:26 AM 2/25/2005, shabanip wrote:
>but i want to use it in a commercial project
>really i won't need to pay??!!!

That depends a lot on what you mean by "commercial project".

For example if your "commercial project" is something along the lines of
offering spam scanning services to users for a fee, ie: the way an ISP
does, then you should be covered by the Apache license that comes with SA.

On the other hand if your commercial project involves trying to make a
commercial spam scanning software package and sell that to people,  but you
want to steal some or all of the SA code to make it from, then you are
probably not covered.

However, I'm not a lawyer, so, as Theo suggested, read the LICENSE and
TRADEMARK files that come with SA. The Apache license is the license
extended with the software.

Re: commercial license

Posted by Joe Flowers <fl...@social.chass.ncsu.edu>.
Payam:

You need to read the license and follow it to the letter, and I encourage you to donate to them anyway.

Joe

Re: commercial license

Posted by shabanip <sh...@avapajoohesh.com>.

Re: commercial license