Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/15 10:26:51 UTC

Upgrading NiFi, preserving process groups

Good morning. Are there any specific steps I need to take to ensure I
preserve all my Process Groups when I upgrade my version of NiFi? Does the
step by which I save and copy flow.xml.gz into the conf subdirectory of the
new version ensure that my Process Groups transfer to the upgraded version
instance? Thank you for your help.

Re: Upgrading NiFi, preserving process groups

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Jim,

Yes - if you copy over the flow.xml.gz then that's all that you should need to do in order to preserve your flow.
If you are running NiFi 0.x though you will also want to copy over your conf/templates directory. In the 1.x baseline,
Templates are included in the flow.xml also.

Thanks
-Mark