Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TR...@stibo.dk> on 2000/08/25 10:12:15 UTC

Bug report: two-argument version of document() not supported

I have my XML files seperate from my XSL files, so I would like to use the two-argument version of document() to read a file from the same directory as the XML file (instead of the default location of the stylesheet).

Xalan (both versions) apparently does not support this.  The error message is:

D:\ravn\RS\pt>D:\xxx\xml-xalan\c\Build\Win32\VC6\Release\testxslt -in prices.xml -xsl http://sas/ec/
xsl/rs-prices.xsl -out tables-from-prices.xml
========= Parsing http://sas/ec/xsl/rs-prices.xsl ==========
XSL Warning: exclude-result-prefixes not supported yet!, line 9, offset 2
pattern = 'document($packtypefile,/)
Expected ,, but found: Remaining tokens: (), at line number 0 at offset 0
XSL Warning: Error parsing http://sas/ec/xsl/rs-prices.xsl

XSLException Type is : XSLException
Message is : pattern = 'document($packtypefile,/)
Expected ,, but found: Remaining tokens: ()

D:\ravn\RS\pt>

Since Saxon supports this construction, I'll just use that for this transformation.

Best regards,
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen             "...and...Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear