Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Christian Tramnitz <tr...@trasec.de> on 2017/05/02 11:55:52 UTC

introduction

Hello Metron developers,

I thought I’d first introduce myself before I ask any questions:
I’m new to Metron, but we are running a fairly complex OpenSOC-based installation for a customer. Since Metron evolved from OpenSOC our code-base drifted apart somewhat and I don’t know if we can contribute back some of the stuff we added with that customer, but in parallel I would like to make myself familiar with Metron for internal use, other projects and reusing a few components (i.e. the indexing topology) in the existing environment.

Best regards,
   Christian Tramnitz

Re: introduction

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, Christian!  Best of luck with everything, feel free to shoot an
email or hop on our IRC channel #apache-metron on freenode if you'd like to
chat further.

Jon

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 7:55 AM Christian Tramnitz <tr...@trasec.de>
wrote:

> Hello Metron developers,
>
> I thought I’d first introduce myself before I ask any questions:
> I’m new to Metron, but we are running a fairly complex OpenSOC-based
> installation for a customer. Since Metron evolved from OpenSOC our
> code-base drifted apart somewhat and I don’t know if we can contribute back
> some of the stuff we added with that customer, but in parallel I would like
> to make myself familiar with Metron for internal use, other projects and
> reusing a few components (i.e. the indexing topology) in the existing
> environment.
>

> Best regards,
>    Christian Tramnitz
>
> --