Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2007/11/05 19:27:49 UTC

rivet latest changes

Here below is the excerpt of ChangeLog for the latest commit.

My future plan is to address the uninstall target issue.
Rivet doesn't install gently leaving rivetlib and other
cruft around, (and how can it possibly do it if
it is not aware of recent changes in configure.ac?)

I also will check the docs for commands such as
[un]escape_string that are not in the interpreter
by default. I also wish to document the encryption
tool, but I think I need some tips about it.

David, you changed the generation of the man
pages making the docs more readable. I wish also
to make them more 'editable' by moving the sections
of rivet.xml in more .xml files bound together
in rivet.xml. Something like

<!ENTITY intro SYSTEM "intro.xml">
<!ENTITY cmds  SYSTEM "commands.xml">
<!ENTITY vars SYSTEM  "variables.xml">
<!ENTITY examples SYSTEM "examples.xml">

<article>
&intro;
&cmds;
&vars;
&examples;
</article>

you're the DocBook wizard, so your comment would
be much appreciated. Thanks

  -- Massimo

2007-11-05  Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>

    * configure.ac: the macro rivet_target_dir was added
    to 'configure'. This macro generates a name for the
    directory where Rivet libraries must be copied during
    the installation phase. User is enabled to change
    the default value by feeding 'configure' with the switch
    '--with-rivet-target-dir'. This macro defines also the
    variable RIVET_TCL_TARGET and calls AC_SUBST on it.
    The target directory gets inserted also in the
    auto_path list variable of every script run by
    the module. Defined configuration symbol
    RIVETLIB_DESTDIR in config.h.

    * Makefile.am,src/Makefile.am: RIVET_TCL_TARGET variable
    propagation.

    * src/apache-1/Makefile.am: rivetWWW.c removed from
    linking into mod_rivet.so (this requires docs to
    be updated, as commands in this file have to be
    loaded explicitly using 'package require Rivet')

    * src/apache-1/mod_rivet.c: Tcl_DeleteInterp called
    upon child exit. ${RIVETLIB_DESTDIR)/init.tcl is
    run during the interpreter initialization.

    * src/apache-2/mod_rivet.c: Exit handler reenabled,
    and Tcl_DeleteInterp called upon child exit.
    ${RIVETLIB_DESTDIR)/init.tcl is run during the
    interpreter initialization. Code clean up in
    Rivet_GetConf. Minor changes in order to get rid
    of some compilation warnings.

    * src/apache-2/TclWebapache.c: Test checking for
    null values in the table of environment variables
    has been extended to the value field. Failure to
    do so caused a child to segfault when rivet was
    used in conjuction with dir_module

Anyone interested in the bones of an application framework?

Posted by Colman Reilly <ca...@mac.com>.
http://rivetgun.interactpublications.com/ is an idea I've had floating
around for a rivet application framework since I started into RoR -
RoR is fine for the big apps which need all the infrastructure but I
end up looking for something smaller and handier, Apache based for the
little projects.

Thoughts?

Colman