Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org> on 2006/03/19 14:06:11 UTC

Why is JavaScript in Skin not embedded in comment?

Take some closer looks at the Pelt-skin I noticed that
JavaScript-Calls such as

<script type="text/javascript">ndeSetTextSize();</script>

are not wrapped in comments (recommended to keep older
browsers from interpreting the code within the script-element) like
this:

<script type="text/javascript">
  <!-- ndeSetTextSize();
  // -->
</script>

Is there a particular reason for this or something that should be
corrected?

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Why is JavaScript in Skin not embedded in comment?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Take some closer looks at the Pelt-skin I noticed that
> JavaScript-Calls such as
>
> <script type="text/javascript">ndeSetTextSize();</script>
>
> are not wrapped in comments (recommended to keep older
> browsers from interpreting the code within the script-element) like
> this:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
>   <!-- ndeSetTextSize();
>   // -->
> </script>
>

> Is there a particular reason for this or something that should be
> corrected?

I don't think there is any reason for this and see no problem with your
recommendation to change it.

Ross