Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> on 2007/05/07 10:19:08 UTC

ActiveMQ configuration

L.S.,

After having attended Bruce's talk on ActiveMQ (which was very
interesting, btw) at ApacheCon last Friday, I took a quick look at how
ActiveMQ is configured within ServiceMix.  I had understood from this
talk that it wouldn't be a good idea to use a multicast configuration
when running in production, but this seems to be the default
configuration for ActiveMQ in ServiceMix.  Shouldn't we change this into
something more production-ready or at least have some kind of caveat in
the documentation somewhere?

Gert

Re: ActiveMQ configuration

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/10/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed - I think we should maybe do this with ActiveMQ as well as
> folks often get confused with multicast being enabled by default
>
> On 5/10/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, maybe we should just remove the clustering configuration
> > and provide some documentation on how to activate it.
> >
> > On 5/7/07, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> wrote:
> > >
> > > L.S.,
> > >
> > > After having attended Bruce's talk on ActiveMQ (which was very
> > > interesting, btw) at ApacheCon last Friday, I took a quick look at how
> > > ActiveMQ is configured within ServiceMix.  I had understood from this
> > > talk that it wouldn't be a good idea to use a multicast configuration
> > > when running in production, but this seems to be the default
> > > configuration for ActiveMQ in ServiceMix.  Shouldn't we change this into
> > > something more production-ready or at least have some kind of caveat in
> > > the documentation somewhere?

I agree that this should probably be changed and surrounded by many
comments and more docs on the website about understaning a proper
configuration. The idea with offering multicast as a default
configuration is that it gets a broker up and running very quickly.
But just like any piece of software, you need a deeper understanding
before deploying it to production.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/