Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 12:00:41 UTC

On eaio.uuid version 3.4

TL;DR with the 3.4 release Johann has added a dependency to his library (to
essentially use his own version of commons-io's IOUtils.closeQuietly)

This brings a choice...

Do I

a) switch to a complete fork, change the package name, accept some other
pull requests and try and build a community around the "new" one

or

b) create a rebuild of his grabbag project that gets pushed to Maven
Central so I can pick up his changes and release 3.4.0 to match his 3.4
release

See https://github.com/stephenc/eaio-uuid/pull/2

Comments on the pull request or here are appreciated.

-Stephen

Re: On eaio.uuid version 3.4

Posted by Holger Hoffstaette <ho...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 11:00:41 +0100, Stephen Connolly wrote:

> TL;DR with the 3.4 release Johann has added a dependency to his library

According to the 3.4 pom it's in test scope.

-h

Re: On eaio.uuid version 3.4

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
>From what I can tell, we don't use that library anymore (a grep of 'eaio'
doesn't return anything, neither on cassandra-1.2 nor in trunk). So I'd say
the Cassandra is not really concerned.

--
Sylvain