Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/07 00:23:18 UTC

[discuss] Fix the maven repo for our 1.3-incubating-beta1 release by uploading two distributables

Our release is a bit borked for maven users due to the fact that I
didn't deploy the jdk-1.4 and jdk-1.5 parent poms to the repository
(the release profile explicitly excludes them). This is something that
needs to be fixed for future releases, and in my opinion for the
current release too.

We can either fix this one in the current release, or fix the build
and vote for a release of beta 2.

What do you guys think?

For our mentors (which is why I cc'd @private) : given that we still
are in the incubator, what would be a procedure to fix the current
beta 1 release?

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!

Re: [discuss] Fix the maven repo for our 1.3-incubating-beta1 release by uploading two distributables

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 5/7/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...The problem is that we need to vote on those artifacts, and get
> approval from the IPMC too. At least, that is my understanding....

You're right, releasing additional stuff requires an IPMC vote.

I don't know enough about Maven to comment on the technical side of
this, though.

-Bertrand

Re: [discuss] Fix the maven repo for our 1.3-incubating-beta1 release by uploading two distributables

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Current one sounds easier to me. Then we don't have to rush a new
> release with a new vote etc.

The problem is that we need to vote on those artifacts, and get
approval from the IPMC too. At least, that is my understanding.

Given that the artifacts are source only, and don't contain any
problematic licensing issues, I doubt that it will take long. But I
would like to hear from our mentors first regarding this.

I also understood in discussions with Robert and other IPMC members
that getting a new beta release through the incubator would be a lot
easier as they now have more confidence in our release procedures. Our
first alpha try out most certainly has helped the approval of our beta
release.

Martijn

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Current one sounds easier to me. Then we don't have to rush a new
release with a new vote etc.

Eelco