Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/11/20 17:47:31 UTC

[Axis2] In searching for a place for DOM impl

Hi all,

As you know Ruchith is doing an implementation of DOM on OM. We have a
small problem in keeping this implementation.

(ns:module= maven module)

It was in the XML module for some time, but later moved to SAAJ module
to resolve a problem with JDK 1.5. But I feel like the DOM impl do not
belong to neither XML module nor SAAJ module.
I think I don't need to explain why it doesn't belong to SAAJ module. If
we put that in SAAJ, it will create a cyclic dependecy as well. And for
XML module, I'd like to have it clean only with the current stuff. I
think DOM impl should not come *in to* that module.
So the option left is to have a new and separate module for DOM
implementation. Its better to settle with something as I know Ruchith is
having an unnecessary headache due to this.
What do you all think ? I like to DOM impl, a separate module, so that
people who need that can use it, whilst others can discard it.

-- Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] In searching for a place for DOM impl

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Sanjiva,

I think we should hold our horse on the dom stuff? Right now
security.mar will need it and saaj will need it. So having a separate
module is absolutely fine.

dom2/dom3 is a tricky problem. If we make some dom3 classes available
in axis jar itself as is being done now, we will land up in nasty
situations for classloader problems. Since the current use case is the
security.mar, having this code in a separate optional jar that is
loaded by security.mar (and associated classloader) seems to be the
way to go, IMHO.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: Request for a 1.3.1 Axis to support Geronimo Verion 1.0 for ApacheCon in December

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Glen,
Any news about shepherding a release? I've cut a temporary branch for
the geronimo guys to make a snapshot out of (for now).

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis/branches/axis-1.4-20051205/

Thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Glen,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please go ahead and do it.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
4@hogstrom.org> <19...@mail.gmail.com>

Excellent news Dims...thanks much.  Testing with the 1.4-SNAPSHOT today.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt,

Posted by hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Re: Question about Axis2 Performance Problem

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 11:27 -0800, SUVANAN DUTTA wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to send few messages in a loop and see
> that there's a significant drop in performance when I
> use dual transport for blocking/non-blocking call. I
> am using Axis2 v0.91.
>
> For 100 messages in a loop,these are the readings,-
> Ping - 1.442sec.
> Echo(Blocking + Single Transport) - 1.732sec.
> Echo(Blocking + Dual Transport) - 10.865sec.
> Echo(Non-Blocking + Dual Transport) - 10.935sec.
>
> I cheked that Axis2 loads the addrssing module only
> once and re-uses it. Then what might be causing this?
> Is this already fixed post-0.91?

Could you please try this with the SVN Head and let us know? The dual
transport stuff is slower but this looks awfully too slow ..

Sanjiva.

Question about Axis2 Performance Problem

Posted by SUVANAN DUTTA <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I was trying to send few messages in a loop and see
that there's a significant drop in performance when I
use dual transport for blocking/non-blocking call. I
am using Axis2 v0.91.

For 100 messages in a loop,these are the readings,-
Ping - 1.442sec.
Echo(Blocking + Single Transport) - 1.732sec.
Echo(Blocking + Dual Transport) - 10.865sec.
Echo(Non-Blocking + Dual Transport) - 10.935sec.

I cheked that Axis2 loads the addrssing module only
once and re-uses it. Then what might be causing this?
Is this already fixed post-0.91?

- Suvanan.

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: [Axis2] In searching for a place for DOM impl

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Eran,

am debating this right now. +1 to a new module. But we will have to
rip saaj code and build it on top of Ruchith's stuff.

-- dims