Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/04/09 22:21:22 UTC

[sitedocs] Flattening the navigation a bit

Hi,

As I was working on integrating the RMS documentation into the top
level site I began to thing about how deeply nested we're getting to
be.  Basically we're maintaining the entire directory structure for
all the subprojects.

We do this here for example with Eve take a look:

http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/eve/frontend/components/bu
ffer/index.html

What I'm proposing is that when you enter the subproject that
subproject becomes the root of the navigation tree.  Perhaps a .. or
up link can be used along with the horizontal navigation up top just
under the Apache Directory Project logo/banner.

Basically we're removing stuff that is not in focus.  While inside Eve
there is no reason to be looking at the Janus project or vice versa is
my feel.

If there are no objections I might go ahead and do that just to see
what it looks like and if we want to we can revert back.

Alex

RE: [sitedocs] Flattening the navigation a bit

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
I'll get RMS setup with the new flattened scheme then ask how you guys like
it.  Then we can flatten other projects too once you have something to
compare things will.

Thanks
Alex

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.