Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Simon <si...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/12 10:08:14 UTC

[users@httpd] About directory remapping related

Hello! I have the following case would like to accomplish.

My system environment:
WinXP, Apache 2.043, PHP version 2.43 (2.44 SAPI)
For instance, I setup the following virtual host

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot websites/something #related to documents
    ServerName something.redirectme.net
    ErrorLog logs/something.redirectme.net-error_log
    CustomLog logs/something.redirectme.net-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

The system default DocumentRoot is < something/htdocs >, right?
There are also some html files available already as the default "Apache Web
Page" telling others installed Apache successfully.
I will like to know, if it is possible that when my virtualHost folder have
no file inside, the web page will
automatically remap to "htdocs" to show the default page so that I don't
have top always copy them
to virtual host folder?

I have try my best to present. I wish someone can tell me. Thanks!
If there is anything wrong, please let me know.

Since it is rather abstract to talk, I am not sure what is the topic is
related to. So I cannot search it.

Thanks again.
Simon