Posted to user@struts.apache.org by tim sherwood <re...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/17 21:53:07 UTC

Exception "org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" not found

I get this message when running a script:

[500]
'org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message
resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE'

It is a bit strange because I had ran this script before
for the most part without this error and it is not like
other errors I had with resources before where I simply
hadn't added a category.

I am using the defaults for (struts-1.1-rc1) from the
blank.war file.

So on examination it appears that:

1. I haven't any idea where I am supposed to look and fix
this error. With the default there are 2 places that I've
found 'properties' files, changing either of them doesn't
fix the problem. Are there supposed to be 2 places? One is
in '/WEB-INF/classes' the other in
'/WEB-INF/java/src/resources'.

2. From reading the examples from
http://localhost/struts-example/tour.do#web.xml

it says that a file 'ResourceApplication' is loaded by the
ActionServlet at initialization. The path of which in my
web.xml parameter '/resources/application'. Does
application mean the specific name of my application or a
term that the server uses to apply a scope status?

3. Would this code in class file do something to affect
this problem?

--

if(request.getSession().getServletContext().getAttribute("users")
== null){

    Vector users = new Vector();

request.getSession().getServletContext().setAttribute("users",
users);
}

--

Stumped...